Probate is the process of dealing with the assets and debts of a deceased person. While there are several forms of probate, the probate process generally includes:
- Establishing the validity of the will and getting it admitted into probate court.
- Appointing a personal representative.
- Making an inventory of the decedent’s assets.
- Handling all creditor claims.
- Disposing and distributing the assets of the decedent to his/her beneficiaries.
Generally, an attorney is required to initiate a probate proceeding. Call us today to setup a consultation and learn more about probate proceedings.